Apple Crisp Pancakes
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 15 Minutes
Apple crisp and pancakes rolled into one. Diced apples add chunky goodness to the Betty Crocker Pancake Mix and then before flipping, the pancakes get topped with delicious syrup.
|Betty Crocker Pancake Mix||1 cup|
|1 egg or ¼ cup yoghurt|
|Melted butter/oil (as per preference)||2 tbsp|
|Brown sugar||¼ cup|
|Lightly roasted wheat flour||¼ cup|
|Butter at room temperature||¼ cup|
|Apple diced into small pieces||1|
|Whipped cream (optional)|
Recipe Made with
For the Streusel topping:
- Take a medium sized bowl and mix ¼ cup brown sugar with ¼ cup lightly roasted wheat flour, ¼ cup oats and ½ tsp cinnamon.
- Add ¼ cup butter at room temperature to this dry mix and blend all the ingredients well together with a spoon. The mixture needs to be glued together with the butter. Portions of these need to be added to the pancake batter mix.
For the Pancake:
- To prepare the pancake batter take a medium sized bowl and mix 1 cup of Betty Crocker Pancake Mix, with ¾ cup milk and 2 tablespoons melted butter/oil as preferred. Blend these ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg. Add it to the bowl of pancake mix. If using yoghurt as an alternative, add ¼ cup into the mixture and blend well.
- Make sure there are no lumps formed while blending the mixture together. The batter must be of a medium consistency.
- Cut the apple into small diced cubes and add it to the batter.
- Heat a pan on medium flame and add ¼ cup of batter to form a medium sized pancake.
- Over the top add a teaspoon of the streusel topping.
- Cook the pancake for about 2 to 3 minutes or until it is bubbly on the top and dry around the edges.
- Flip on the other side and cook for about 2 or 3 minutes more until the pancake is light golden brown around the edges.
- Stack the pancakes one over another and drizzle them with maple syrup, honey, or top it with whipped cream.
- One Egg can be substituted with a ¼ cup of plain yoghurt set at room temperature. It can be a great substitute as a vegetarian option in the pancake mix.