Ice-cream Cake Pops
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 2 Hours 30 Minutes
Total Time: 3 Hours
A fun idea for kids’ birthday parties, our ice cream cone cake pops recipe turns your favorite flavor of cake into an ice-cream-inspired, lip-smacking treat.
|Betty Crocker’s French Vanilla Cake mix||1 pack|
|2 eggs/ ½ cup of Yoghurt|
|Chocolate (chopped), approx. 250 grams||1 cup|
|Ice cream cones||12|
Recipe Made with
- Take 1 pack of Betty Crocker’s French Vanilla Cake mix in a large bowl and mix oil and water to form the cake batter. Whisk the eggs in this mixture and blend all the ingredients together. Whisk for around 3 minutes to get a smooth consistency in the batter. If using yoghurt as an alternative, add ¼ cup into the mixture and blend well by whisking to get a smooth consistency.
- Line the baking tray with parchment paper or grease it with oil/butter. Pour this mix into the tray. Lift the tray and tap it 2-3 times lightly to avoid air getting trapped into the batter.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350° F. Slide the baking tray into the oven and bake for around 40 minutes until the toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool at room temperature.
- Once cooled, crumb the cake with your fingers until it is nice and fine.
- Make medium shaped balls of the cake crumbs to be stuffed over the ice-cream cone. Roll the cake ball in the ganache and place these balls in the refrigerator to freeze.
To prepare the ganache:
- In a medium sized saucepan, heat the cream. As it begins to simmer, pour it over the chopped chocolate. The chocolate will start to melt. Whisk the mixture together and let it sit for a few minutes until all the chocolate has melted.
- Take an ice cream cone and pour 2 teaspoons of ganache into it. Stuff the cake crumbs into the narrow part of the cone, over the ganache in order to fill the cone. Place the cake balls over the cone and pour some melted chocolate over the top. Add some sprinkles over the melted chocolate for
- Freeze the cones until it has been set fully. The Ice-cream cake pops are ready to be popped in an hour.
- One Egg can be substituted with a ¼ cup of plain yoghurt set at room temperature. It can be a great substitute as a vegetarian option in the pancake mix.