Pancake Breakfast Tacos
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes
Switch to Taco-shaped pancakes that simply delicious and loaded with some of your favorite cheese, scrambled eggs and some spring onion.
|Betty Crocker Pancake Mix||1 cup|
|1 egg or ¼ cup of Yoghurt|
|Melted butter/oil (as per preference)||2 tbsp|
For the Filling:
|Cheddar Cheese||4 slices|
|Bacon or ham||4 slices|
|Spring onion sprigs, finely sliced|
Recipe Made with
For the Pancake:
- To prepare the pancake batter take a medium sized bowl and mix 1 cup of Betty Crocker Pancake Mix, with ¾ cup milk and 2 tablespoons melted butter/oil as preferred. Blend these ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg. Add it to the bowl of pancake mix. If using yoghurt as an alternative, add ¼ cup into the mixture and blend well.
- Make sure there are no lumps formed while blending the mixture together. The batter must be of a medium consistency.
- Heat a pan on medium flame and add ¼ cup of batter to form a medium sized pancake.
- Cook the pancake for about 2 to 3 minutes or until it is bubbly on the top and dry around the edges. Flip on the other side and cook for about 2 or 3 minutes more until the pancake is light golden brown around the edges.
For the Filling:
- To prepare the filling inside the pancake taco; take an iron skillet with oil. When heated, fry the slices of bacon or ham of your choice.
- Break the eggs in a medium sized bowl and beat it. In the same iron skillet, add the whisked eggs and scramble it. Don’t cook it fully if you want a creamy texture to the scrambled eggs. Sprinkle pepper and salt.
- Place the pancakes on the hot pan and add a slice of cheese. Once the cheese starts to melt, add bacon/ham and two teaspoons of scrambled egg. Sprinkle some finely sliced spring onion sprigs.
- The delicious pancake breakfast taco is ready to be gorged on for breakfast.
- One Egg can be substituted with a ¼ cup of plain yoghurt set at room temperature. It can be a great substitute as a vegetarian option in the pancake mix.