Grilled Cheese Wafflewiches
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 35 Minutes
This combination of a Waffle and a sandwich is the perfect way to start your day.
|Betty Crocker Pancake Mix
|Oil (olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil are good options)
|2 eggs/ ½ cup of Yoghurt
|Butter for greasing
Recipe Made with
- To prepare one slide of waffle, take a medium sized bowl and mix 1 cup of Betty Crocker Pancake Mix, with ¾ cup milk and 2 tablespoons melted butter/oil as preferred. Blend these ingredients together.
- Pour the batter In the waffle maker as per the recipe directed on the back of the pack.
- Prepare the second slide by taking a medium sized bowl take 1 cup of Betty Crocker Pancake Mix and mix it with 2 tablespoons of oil, 1 tsp vanilla extract and add milk in small portions to the mixture.
- Whisk the eggs separately and add it to this batter mix. If using yoghurt as an alternative, add ½ cup into the mixture and blend well.
- Allow the batter to rest for 5 minutes.
- Grease the waffle maker with butter and pour the batter allowing it to cook for about 3 minutes or until done.
- Add a slice of cheese to the waffle and place the second waffle on top and cook till golden brown.
- Slice each wafflewich into 4 equal squares or serve whole.
- One Egg can be substituted with a ¼ cup of plain yoghurt set at room temperature. It can be a great substitute as a vegetarian option in the pancake mix.