Banana-Chocolate Chip Sheet-Pan Pancake
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes
Want to give your pancakes a whole new avatar? Then it’s a must to try Betty Crocker Sheet Pan Pancakes. Topped with fresh sliced bananas, walnuts and a drizzle of maple syrup, give a new twist to your meals.
|Betty Crocker Pancake Mix||1 cup|
|1 egg or ¼ cup of Yoghurt|
|Melted butter/oil (as per preference)||2 tbsp|
|Mashed bananas (preferably over riped bananas)||½ cup|
|Bananas (firm) cut into round slices||3|
|Chocolate chips for topping||½ cup|
|Chopped walnuts||½ cup|
|Maple syrup for topping||2 tbsp|
Recipe Made with
- To prepare the pancake take a medium sized bowl and mix 1 cup of Betty Crocker Pancake Mix, with ¾ cup milk and 2 tablespoons melted butter/oil as preferred. Blend these ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg. Add it to the bowl of pancake mix. If using yoghurt as an option, blend it well with the mixture. Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence to the mix and blend all the ingredients well together.
- Make sure there are no lumps formed while blending the mixture together. The batter must be of a medium consistency.
- Add the mashed bananas to this mix just before pouring it into the baking tray to avoid the bananas from losing its fresh colour.
- Pour this mixture into a baking tray that is lined with parchment paper or greased with oil. Add the chocolate chips as toppings.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C. Slide the baking tray and bake for around 15 minutes or until the pancake has turned golden brown. A toothpick inserted in the centre needs to come out clean. This is a good indicator to ensure the centre of the pancake is well cooked.
- Allow the pancake to cool for 15 minutes at room temperature before adding the round slices of banana toppings and maple syrup.
- Enjoy this banana-chocolate chip sheet-pan pancake for breakfast.
- One Egg can be substituted with a ¼ cup of plain yoghurt set at room temperature. It can be a great substitute as a vegetarian option in the pancake mix.