Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
For delicious breakfast or snacking, these easy chocolate crepes are just perfect.
|Betty Crocker Pancake Mix||¾ cup|
|Cocoa Powder||¼ cup|
|Powdered sugar||2 tbsp|
|1 egg or ¼ cup of Yoghurt|
|Strawberry (chopped)||1 ½ Cup|
|Whipped Cream (optional)|
Recipe Made with
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk ¾ cup of Betty Crocker Pancake Mix and ¼ cup cocoa powder along with 2 tablespoons powdered sugar. Gradually add milk and water to this mix and stir well.
- Whisk the egg into the batter mix and stir to combine all the ingredients. If using yoghurt as an alternative, add ¼ cup into the mixture and blend well.
- Add the melted butter and continue to whisk to make the batter smooth.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat and grease it lightly with butter. For each chocolate crepe, pour ¼ cup of the batter onto the pan. Tilt the pan in a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
- Cook for about 2 minutes until the bottom surface of the crepe is golden/light brown. Flip on the other side to cook it well for another 2 minutes.
- Roll the crepe and drizzle some melted chocolate over it for an added chocolate flavour. Over it add sliced strawberry and some whipped cream (optional). The crepe can be enjoyed as a breakfast option.
- One Egg can be substituted with a ¼ cup of plain yoghurt set at room temperature. It can be a great substitute as a vegetarian option in the pancake mix.